Wish u all a very happy happy holi!!
March brings with itself, a whiff of Holi colours. It is that time of the year when we are bathed in a mishmash of colours. While some run away from them, others joyfully play and get dirty. Well those who are scared of what damage these colours will do to your skin and hair, I have something for you. Here are some tips to make the most of this festival, by letting your skin and hair look the best, despite the chemicals and colours in the air. So, to protect your hair this Holi, follow these simple steps.
1- Cover your hair
The best way to protect your hair is to cover it completely with a scarf or something. Girls don’t take any chances with hair.
Hair when exposed to colors (which definitely contain chemicals ) become frizzy and rough.
2- Oiling and massage
Before going out massage your hair with oil whichever suits your scalp.This will help in moisturising your hair and prevent Holi colours from seeping into hair. You can apply some coconut oil to your hair strands for moisturising hair. This will make hair stronger and more resilient to the damage caused by Holi colours.
3- Being braided 🤗
Don’t keep your hair open while playing Holi. You can go for a braided ponytail or a juda depending on your hair length.
4- Use a lemon🍋
If you have a sensitive scalp, apply a few drops of lemon juice. The citrus fruit will help to protect your scalp from any infection triggered by the toxic colors.
So these were the pre holi tips to protect your skin and hair.
Here are post holi steps to enjoy the festival to its fullest.
How to remove Holi colours from skin and hair:
Post Holi Skincare:
– It is advisable to go get a shower immediately you are done with playing Holi as colors are easy to remove when we.once the colors seep into our skin it will be very difficult to get off the colors
– For your face, you can use lukewarm water to wash off the colours. You can use a mixture of sea salt, glycerin and a few drops of aroma oil. This mixture will protect your skin from the toxic colors.
While removing colors, don’t rub your skin too much, this can actually damage your skin. Instead, use an oil to remove the colours gently.
– Once you have removed the colours, make sure you moisturise your face to prevent it from dryness.
Post Holi Haircare:
– After playing Holi, the first thing you can do is wash off the colours with just plain water. This way most of the colour will come off.
– Once you have rinsed your hair, go for a mild shampoo and conditioner to clean your hair properly.
– To give your hair its moisture back, you can go for a nice hair mask. Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with four tablespoons of honey and a few drops of lemon juice. Leave this mask on your hair for 20-30 minutes and rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
A blog by Jagriti Chaudhary😇